I’ve been wanting to write for a while now. I’ve been going through so many mental and emotional changes since Wanderlust. I haven’t been able to articulate the changes, though. It’s been overwhelming and fast. So instead of filling in the play by play since my last post, I’ll just share what I know in this moment. Many thanks to my amazing teachers, Kyle Cease, Light Watkins, Ken Nwadike and MaryBeth LaRue who opened my mind that weekend and sparked the changes the followed.
- You are whole. I am whole. No matter what goals we are working towards, they will not complete us. We are each individually complete where we are. Now.
- Define your values and live by them. You can’t make decisions without some sort of framework. Determine what is important then shape your life accordingly.
- Mediation is rarely going to result in some crazy breakthrough. Showing up is important. Allowing yourself to be present is important. What you think about is not as important.
- When I feel restless like something is missing, most likely what is missing is connection to nature. Find a way to sneak away and touch the earth.
- I am capable of more than I give myself credit for. Show up and try. Don’t chicken out. Give yourself a chance to explore your limits; don’t declare your limits prematurely.
- Don’t let someone else’s negative energy rub off on you. Step away, or ask them to. Keep your circle positive because that what contributes to your energy.
- Early bedtimes are good for your soul.